Let's reason together

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Re: Let's reason together

Post by Status Cruo » Oct 11th, 2015, 03:52

One chapter that's doubtless powerful for capturing the attention of a professing atheist is Isaiah 53. As circumstances permit it, I'll come up to them and say "hey, read this and tell me what you think". As soon as they're done, they usually start running their mouth against Jesus claiming that he didn't event exist...upon which I reply "who's talking about Jesus? that was written centuries before his birth".

Most atheist out there (well, true atheists are very hard to come by, and all you normally get under that particular religious denomination is God-hating agnostics who deliberately choose not to know, but that's a hare for somebody else to chase) will have at least some sort of base "The Passion of the Christ (2004)" Biblical knowledge that's sufficient for them to properly identify the life of Jesus in an historical context, and that's how they fall to their own sword.

As the Lord himself tells us in Isaiah 55:11 "So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it", you can expect this to either spark a honest desire in them to learn more about God, or harden their hearts against Him to their own destruction.

Behold, the prophecy:
"Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors"

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 22nd, 2016, 17:51

http://i.imgur.com/6UdcRcT.jpg

Thanks, Status Cruo! 8)
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Mar 27th, 2016, 18:40

Massa, thou hast chosen rightly; even the cover in it's solemn excellency doeth testify thereof 8)

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 30th, 2016, 09:54

Status Cruo, I recently heard that Greek Orthodox Bibles exist. I was not aware that the Orthodox denominations (not sure if my terminology here is correct) had their own Bible, but it does make sense. Would these not then be good and authentic translations, too?

What do you think of them?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Mar 30th, 2016, 11:48

Technically speaking there's no such thing as an "orthodox bible" if taken to mean a monolithic canon whereby the various denominations within the Eastern Orthodoxy spectrum of false religions abide, but one thing that characterizes them all is the inclusion of up to 10 apocryphal books, long rejected by Jews and Christians alike (as directed by the Holy Ghost) because of the manifold errors, heresies and contradictory statements (Antiochus Epiphanes dying 3 different deaths in Maccabees...come on) that plague every single one of them. To make matters worse, even the books that do belong, they too display corrupt readings.

The root of the problem? The underlaying text commonly referred to as the "Septuagint": https://www.chick.com/ask/articles/septuagint.asp

So even if they miraculously managed to come up with a proper translation that could match the beauty and perfection of the KJV, it would still be a translation of the wrong text, and to be diligently avoided like the rest of the Alexandrian perversions.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 10th, 2016, 02:04

iirc, you mentioned that you believe aliens exert an existent but minimal effect on Earth. Can you elaborate more on the nature of these aliens and their supposed influence?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Apr 10th, 2016, 07:47

Sure.

Something I can tell you right away is the fact that I’m virtually a 100% hermetically sealed against perceiving paranormal phenomena, and if it were not because the Bible clearly states there’s in fact a spiritual world (and a battle taking place in it), I would have never believed these things.

Now, the Bible talks about spirit beings called devils (good luck finding out exactly what they are), not aliens, but that’s the association I’m making, and I make it on the basis of both the Biblical record of the devils’ behavior and the aliens’, as purportedly observed by numerous people around the world.

E.g. an alien will not leave a physical trace, and neither will a devil. An alien will say something that completely contradicts the truth of the Bible, and so will a devil (this point alone could develop into an exceeding lengthy discussion by itself). An alien will try to take control of a persons’ mind and body, and so will a devil. An alien will seek to copulate with a woman, and so will a devil (if we make it a fallen angel, but there are problems with that theory). An alien will manifest itself as a being of light, and so will Satan, the chief of devils. An alien will tell you things that no one could have possibly known, and so will a devil. The list goes on and on, but you get the idea.

Side note: The Vatican, who openly worship Satan, have shown great interest in aliens.

And there’s a rapture coming, that is, the church is taken out of the earth before the Lord Jesus Christ pours out his wrath and indignation upon it, and the system of the antichrist that will then be very much in place, will have to explain it away in order to keep people ignorant of the nature of this most significant event, to the intent that those who are left behind will not turn to God and be condemned, which thing is the very purpose of this “alien abduction” nonsense that they’re pushing in books, TV shows, documentaries, movies, etc; you name it; they’ re pushing it everywhere.

The book of Revelation tells us that in the days to come (the time of Jacob’s trouble aka 70th week of Daniel), Satan will be finally cast into the earth and will draw a third of the angels with him. Abaddon (the angel of the bottomless pit) will also be unleashing a bunch of nasty creatures. On top of that, it is prophesied in the book of Daniel that there will be a kingdom (the antichrist’s) where the seed of men will mix with some other creatures we’re not told.

In other words, this earth will be plagued with all sort of “alien” beings, and they’re getting people ready for that.

Something else that caught my attention was this thing called “The Cult of Lam”, a pack of lunatics trying to summon a devil (even a whole race thereof) that Aleister Crowley allegedly managed to make contact with long before the whole UFO craze started, whose countenance eerily resembles that of your typical bulb-headed alien (grays I think they call them).

In short, I don’t believe in aliens as biological extraterrestrial beings from another planet, but as wicked spirit beings that are out there to deceive men.

Take it all with a grain of salt, though, for this is “Cruology 101” and could really go one way or the other.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 10th, 2016, 14:43

Thanks for the thoughtful summary. "Aliens", as a phenomenon, may certainly be something given the ubiquitous reporting of something matching their description.

One more question: what's your view on Mexicans and Mexican immigration?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Apr 13th, 2016, 18:50

Alright. The Bible is very clear that immigration (when immigration indeed and not invasion) should only be allowed under certain circumstances, while immigrants themselves only under certain conditions.

Let's therefore, consider what God himself has set up as the correct protocol:

1."And Joshua saved Rahab the harlot alive, and her father's household, and all that she had; and she dwelleth in Israel even unto this day; because she hid the messengers, which Joshua sent to spy out Jericho." (Joshua 6:25)

In this verse we read that Rahab the whore and her family were permitted to dwell among the Jews, having beforehand made league with there spies at Jericho, and it is only so because her city was to be destroyed. There you see the one legitimate reason for allowing immigration: Compassion.

2. "Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God." (Leviticus 24:22)

Immigrants must obey the law of the country they're moving into. This is common sense, but you don't have to look much to find out that anarchy reigns within Mexican-controlled territories in the U.S. There's nothing wrong with having a "little Mexico", a "little Italy", a "little Germany", a "little China", a "little Poland", etc, within American territory, which was commonplace in the better days of this nation and still is, but only as long as they drop their incompatible customs, abide by the rules/regulations of the land and avoid trying to impose anything upon the locals.

3. "And when a stranger shall sojourn with thee, and will keep the passover to the LORD, let all his males be circumcised, and then let him come near and keep it; and he shall be as one that is born in the land: for no uncircumcised person shall eat thereof." (Exodus 12:48)

This clause calls for the immigrant to adhere to the customs of their new dwellingplace as a requirement for assimilation.

4. "Thou shalt not abhor an Edomite; for he is thy brother: thou shalt not abhor an Egyptian; because thou wast a stranger in his land. The children that are begotten of them shall enter into the congregation of the LORD in their third generation." (Deuteronomy 23:7-8)

Yet this makes it clear that it isn't convenient to allow for full assimilation until several generations have gone by, mainly because at some point the cultural clash (if quenched properly) finally ceases, and the descendants of the immigrant can no longer be told from the locals (in other words, they're no longer a threat).

5. "Wherefore they spake to the king of Assyria, saying, The nations which thou hast removed, and placed in the cities of Samaria, know not the manner of the God of the land: therefore he hath sent lions among them, and, behold, they slay them, because they know not the manner of the God of the land. Then the king of Assyria commanded, saying, Carry thither one of the priests whom ye brought from thence; and let them go and dwell there, and let him teach them the manner of the God of the land." (2 Kings 17:26-27)

God is clearly unsatisfied about newcomers going about their own business, disregarding His statutes and defiling His land. Immigrants thus, must learn God's ways, the ways of the people they're coming to live with (santa muerte shriner? drop that garbage and start worshiping the Living God). The teaching, however, must be carried out by the government, that they not be left to simply "pick it up as they go". Notice that this is a cultural reeducation that clearly transcends the mere observance of laws.

6. "And Joshua called for them, and he spake unto them, saying, Wherefore have ye beguiled us, saying, We are very far from you; when ye dwell among us? Now therefore ye are cursed, and there shall none of you be freed from being bondmen, and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of my God." (Joshua 9:22-23)

An immigrant (as in this Biblical account and not necessarily an invader) that deals treacherously in order to get in, should be subject to punishment.

7. "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber." (John 10:1)

Good enough concept for the Lord Jesus Christ to furnish his parable, good enough for my extrapolation.

8. When thou art come unto the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt possess it, and shalt dwell therein, and shalt say, I will set a king over me, like as all the nations that are about me; Thou shalt in any wise set him king over thee, whom the LORD thy God shall choose: one from among thy brethren shalt thou set king over thee: thou mayest not set a stranger over thee, which is not thy brother." (Deuteronomy 17:14-15)

This is very important; an immigrant (though this in context extends to ethnicity as well) should not be allowed to rule over the locals (no voting, no running for office, etc). Again, common sense, they have no business exercising that sort of influence (if they don't like it, let them go back to where they came from), but after close to a decade of Teleprompter Toby, can this really be stressed enough?

9. "And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:" (Ruth 1:16)

Immigrants should have the correct attitude, a humble attitude, an attitude of meekness and submissiveness, a willingness to integrate into the country and not become a stumblingblock, but this "I'm an endangered species, give me everything for free" nonsense I will not take from anybody.

10. "Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt." (Exodus 22:21)

This is the other side of the coin. Should the above conditions be met, we're not supposed to turn immigrants into second class citizens. Some things they're not qualified for (just like a sodomite wouldn't be qualified for adopting children or a blind person for driving a motorcycle), but that's got nothing to do with them being allowed to earn their way and attain to the dignified life of the locals.

11. "The stranger that is within thee shall get up above thee very high; and thou shalt come down very low. He shall lend to thee, and thou shalt not lend to him: he shall be the head, and thou shalt be the tail. Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:" (Deuteronomy 28:43-45)

Strangely familiar…

As a closing word, notice I've deliberately avoided giving my idea of a "perfect country" and addressing miscegenation, which's a different subject altogether, and focused on immigration alone. That, however, doesn't make it acceptable in the eyes of the Lord, and neither does it mean that God deals differently with people of mixed ancestry, for there's no respect of persons with God (a Mexican brother in Christ is as much to me as my own flesh and blood, for we're of the same Spirit).

Again, I'll be first in line for a taco, but only a handful of Mexicans would make it in on my watch (namely those that meet the Biblical requirements).

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Apr 14th, 2016, 23:37

A fair and pragmatic outlook, especially the parts that stress that it's the immigrant's role to put effort into integration rather than the host's. Unfortunately, with current demographic trends and the moronic "birthright citizenship" law, we can expect living conditions in the US to fall pretty soon.

And that's not to mention the growing cascade of suicide bombers and rapists that awaits.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Apr 15th, 2016, 13:54

And whatever little fragment of land that could still be recognizable as a country afterwards, will God's 21 judgments turn into a dunghill.

Time to get serious with the Creator, for absolutely nothing has to happen before the rapture can take place, and anybody who misses it is as good as dead. There's not enough "prepping" that will preserve anybody through 7 years of hell on earth.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Apr 22nd, 2016, 20:45

A very interesting study on the authenticity of the so called Septuagint has been recently published by David W. Daniels. Definitely ties in with Massa Daedalus's question about the Greek Orthodox text.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... EItaAoISWA

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Jul 19th, 2016, 07:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_Z9ejD-yto

I wanted to touch on some nonsense that I've been hearing of for weeks now called The Mandingo Effect: Apparently some fool came up with this wild idea that CERN's altering our reality in subtle ways and that somehow the KJV couldn't escape this awful fate.

Now this poor fella' fell flat for it, and his video, which I was originally exposed to when it had scarcely gathered 1500 views, is now nearing 300.000; Talk about deception.

As the Lord liveth, I don't mean anything against him, for he's a brother in Christ and has not denied the faith so far as I can tell. Notwithstanding, his claims about "knowing scripture" are bold to say the least (Personally, the more I study the Bible, the more I realize how little I know; it is the wisdom of God, no less!), and evidently hogwash just taken at face value.

Here be the claims, tackled as conveyed:

1. The Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6:9-13 swapped for Luke 11:2-4's: He couldn't produce as much as one print to back up his claim, yet not even the most corrupt, devil-inspired bible perversions out there screw up like that.

2. "Judge not, that ye be not judged." (Matthew 7:1) not being the original reading: Half of what he quoted "from memory" actually lines up with a very popular Bible perversion called NASB (Neutered, Asinine, Satanic Blasphemy), and that's probably where the "lest you be judged" in his "Judge not least you be judged" play on it is coming from.

3. The "wolf" changed to "lion" in Isaiah 11:6: He first goes and claims that it used to read "the lion shall lie with the lamb", and that it is now been changed to "the wolf shall lie with the lamb". The problem is that neither the original nor the "altered" reading has "lie with" anywhere in it, for they both read "dwell with". The "lie" comes right after in the very same verse ("and the leopard shall lie down with the kid"). Notice he also says "young goat" rather than "kid", which prompts me to believe it was indeed the NASB (which didn't originally remove all the thee's and thou's that people tend to associate with the KJV) he "remembers". Can this man really trust his memory? You be the judge. Association by proximity, that's what it looks like to me, given the lion is indeed, mentioned in the next verse ("...and the lion shall eat straw like the ox"). Howbeit, I presume that most Christians get it all mixed up because of the two titles given to our Lord Jesus Christ in the Bible, namely "the Lamb of God" and "the Lion of the tribe of Judah". Furthermore, what do you do with old artistic depictions of Isaiah 11:6 starring both the wolf and the lamb?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ralphandjenny/13135109555
http://folkartcooperstown.blogspot.fr/2 ... ingdom.htm

4. "Wineskins" changed to "bottles" in Matthew 9:17: This corruption (not that it has any doctrinal weight, but bear with me) was introduced by the ERV (Emasculated, Reviled Vexation) in the late 19th century. Unfortunately a whole lot of the ERV reads just like the KJV, thus it is therefore possible that this man's misused an ERV assuming it to be a KJV. Also worthy of note is the fact that a few less scrupulous publishers are wont to have introduced like changes in the KJV back in the day, but this never amounted to re-translation or any such thing. He also states that "they didn't have bottles back then" (contextually assumed hard, breakable types thereof), yet the Bible clearly suggests otherwise: "Thus saith the LORD, Go and get a potter's earthen bottle, and take of the ancients of the people, and of the ancients of the priests;" (Jeremiah 19:1), "Then shalt thou break the bottle in the sight of the men that go with thee," (Jeremiah 19:10). Not only that, the word "bottle" was not understood by the KJV translators the way we understand it today, as Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary of American English lays out for us: "A hollow vessel of glass, wood, leather or other material, with a narrow mouth, for holding and carrying liquors". Leather = skin.

5. "Possessions" changed to "stuff" in Luke 17:31: Again, that specific reading is found in the NIV (Nihilistic, Irreverent Vice). The KJV's always read "stuff".

Behold, a plethora of Bible commentaries referencing all the aforementioned verses exactly as we read them today, which CERN must have neglected to wipe out...

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/

To sum it all up, this brother's long been messing around with a smörgåsbord of polluted alexandrian translations/referential apparata which in turn have led him astray into greater error, and had he but scantly rooted himself in the word of the Lord (KJV), granted this orchestrated distraction (for what else is there left for the socialist elite to do save for to shut up the eyes of the people that they perceive not their own destruction, peradventure they'd dare act upon it?) through a rather uncanny glorification of CERN; this deception attributing God-like power to a herd of useless, marble-shooting bums, would not have come about and overtaken the weaker in faith, for the Bible is very clear about God's promise to preserve His word, and if He's God Almighty (and of course He is), there's no contending the facts:

"The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever." (Psalms 12:6-7)

"Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away." (Matthew 24:35)