Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
NAto
Well Done

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Post by NAto » Dec 17th, 2013, 09:30

I thought I'd create this thread so that the more squeamish people may block continuation of political/theological discussion out of their fragile existences -- regardless of how they externalize their psychological discomfort.

Disclaimer: You probably shouldn't be offended.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1867&start=1245

This is life on extra crispy, lads.

Please take note of my frivolous lip-service to appease Blood of Nightmare's sordid sensibilities. Kurt comics are welcome; I think I'd have a good -- sincere -- laugh at people's perceptions of me.

MoonStalkeR asked me how I'd date the Earth. I'm not sure actually. I would say at the very least it is millions. I wouldn't be surprised if billions. I have to research how they actually date the Earth. Feel free to provide me with some reading material. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that dating is probably theoretical and not actually measurable.

NAto
Well Done

Re: Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Post by NAto » Dec 17th, 2013, 09:45

By the way, everyone should relax when viewing and taking part in this thread. I wrote this little piece to my brother a little time back and hopefully it provides some context and frame of mind for discussion here:
Psychologically speaking we all have a "weltanschauung", or worldview, through we see and make sense of the world. If one has grown up with a worldview of a certain type and it has been taught since birth then all the world will take that certain shape. For all facts which do not fit with the worldview, cognitive dissonance takes place. Dissonance is when the mind holds two conflicting viewpoints and doesn't know how to reconcile them, so it discredits or ignores one of the viewpoints in favour of the other. Normally the one which takes favour is the one which fits with the worldview (or has psychological or physical dependancies eg. Smoking, etc).

In this way conflicting views are never considered, which is why it is necessary to address the worldview instead of the subsequent details. This is why I say it doesn't help to use facts; it results in a never ending debate. It's ironic though, because facts what we should use to order our lives. To further the irony it is pretty standard psychologically that our worldviews run rampant with our minds. Point being that often we think it is facts which rule our lives when in fact it is something else external to ourselves.
So facts are fun and intellectual discussion is fun, but don't get frustrated when you run into another person's weltanschauung.

Disclaimer: Insulting Blood of Nightmares is 100% okay. He may even make an appearance to provide some comic relief.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 17th, 2013, 10:02

I'm unsure what this thread is about and I'm not judging it on face value, but
NAto wrote:Disclaimer: Insulting Blood of Nightmares is 100% okay. He may even make an appearance to provide some comic relief.
The Postmortem community end user license agreement wrote:You will practice civility in your dealings on The Postmortem. Common courtesy is encouraged and personal attacks are forbidden.
Just saying.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Dec 17th, 2013, 10:05

Daedolon wrote:I'm unsure what this thread is about and I'm not judging it on face value, but
NAto wrote:Disclaimer: Insulting Blood of Nightmares is 100% okay. He may even make an appearance to provide some comic relief.
The Postmortem community end user license agreement wrote:You will practice civility in your dealings on The Postmortem. Common courtesy is encouraged and personal attacks are forbidden.
Just saying.
Lol

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 17th, 2013, 20:37

A wise choice as I didn't have the opportuntiy to respond to Moonstalker's earlier query, so I'll draw it forth again here.
Moonstalker wrote:Sindrom, are you familiar with this Vedic prophecy?
  • Thieves will become kings, and kings will be the thieves.

Rulers will confiscate property and use it badly.

They will cease to protect the people.

Base men who have gained a certain amount of learning (without having the virtues necessary for its use) will be esteemed as sages.

There will be many displaced persons, wandering from one country to another.

Predatory animals will be more violent.

Fetuses will be killed in the wombs of their mothers.

People will prefer to choose false ideas.

No one will be able to trust anyone else.

People will be envious.

There will be many children born whose life expectancy is no more than 16 years.

People suffering from hunger and fear will take refuge in "underground shelters."

Young girls will do trade in their virginity.

The god of clouds will be inconsistent in the distribution of the rains.

Shopkeepers will run dishonest businesses.

There will be many beggars and unemployed people.

Everyone will use hard and vulgar language.

Men will devote themselves to earning money; the richest will hold power.

The state leaders will no longer protect the people but, through taxes, will appropriate all wealth.

Water will be lacking.

Pre-cooked food will be readily available
Yes I am aware of this, it is in alignment with a theory in Vedic Literature regarding different ages or cycles of time on the Earth, which are marked by an increasing decline in the morality and life expectancy of Humans. These are termed Yugas in Hindu Metaphysics and are known as Satya, Treta, Dvarpa and Kali Yuga. In the West they are respectively termed Golden, Silver, Bronze and Iron Age as Plato referred to in his discourses.

The list you wrote describes symptoms of the last Age known as Kali, or the Age of Darkness, where moral virture vanishes almost entirely amongst Mankind, it is also marked by profound ignorance in Religion/Philosophy and anything which constitutes higher principles of Life, hence the vast majority of Mankind are ignorant and immoral for the most part. It is also referred to as the Age of Vice, Strife, Quarrel and Discord, the key characteristic we are told include ceaseless War whichs are fought amongst mankind, along with avarice and wrath commonly displayed amongst humans, together with the obvious ignorance in what constitutes success in life.

It is potentially humorous if not frightening that if we consider only a few centuries ago when the Earth was indeed in the dark muck of the Medieval and Middle Ages, the vast majority were impoverished by the rule of Fedualism and Theocracy which ruled by an Iron Fist, in those days most of Mankind were probably illterate and constituted the peasent and lower class, only those of apparent or potential noble birth could aspire to better their lot in life and had access to what was considered priviledged then such as a University Education for instance.

It is said the Kali began around 3102 BC around the time after the Great Flood which marked Noah's time period, how this date was fathomed in the first place however I've yet to verify, however it is said the cycle constitutes an ascending and descending cycle, ever since Egypt fell into turmoil around 500BC, Human Civilization for the most part has been going down not up, morally and spiritually speaking that is. The advancements in technology and apparent broadening of social opportunies has expanded in the modern era, but for the most part the last semblance of what could be termed Humanity or any Gaia culture has vanished entirely from this Earth plane altogether,

'Concrete and asphalt devour the Earth, devour Nature, cities continue their cancerous like growth, trapped in these cold concrete tombs, the world is beginning to die now, their is no such thing as love.' as I read from one quote.

A few of the symptoms you listed describe the apparent end of the age or End Times as you call it, particularly the everyone will use hard and vulgar language, together with mass unemployment and the most predominant and obvious one being all the Men will be Strengthless and the Women shameless. The displaced people wandering from country to country is most likely referring to the 3rd world decimated by warfare, hence the immigration into the apparent 1st world countries, which in this dreadful epoch of history actually begins to look just as bad.

It said by the End of the Kali the vast majority if not 99% of Humans will be Athestic and Godless, they will be so profoundly illogical and stupid having entirely poisoned their food, water and air they will be unfathomable in comprehending anything regarding life purpose, let alone destiny or integrity, at that point their will be no purpose for them to exist other then to be slaughtered by the bucket load. This links close in hand with another Vedic term called 'Pralaya' or periodic dissolution or destruction of the Earth at the end of an age when everything becomes over run with evil and decadence, it is marked by world wide civilization collapse along with Earth changes, which is interesting to consider if you look at the periods when the Ice ages occured and ponder how or why they happened, then a new era begins upon the Earth.

It bears similiar correlations to the days in which Noah lived which was around the end of the last age/cycle known as the Dvarpa Yuga apparently, that period around Noah's days was one of the most decadent in Human History, which is a very sharp comparison to today's world, as a result the world was apparently destroyed by a great flood which killed everyone and everything, it destroyed all the sinful and godless except for Noah and his descendants.

Considering just how poisoned the planet is, this will probably happen in the near future, as it is highly perplexing how mankind manages to go wrong and self-destruct being the bizzare species it is. I agreed on one of your earlier remarks in that Mankind most likely constitutes an infant race in the universal order of things, and is probably at the bottom rung of the ladder if not anything else.

My predictions is it'll only be obvious something is completely wrong when the U.S suffers another manufactured Great Depression let's be honest, when you end up in bread lines thanks to your apathy, only that will disrupt the complete surreality of this corporate and prison like existence of getting up to go in a tin car to your appointed job, then no one talks to one another at all, everyone is locked up in their houses, drugged up and mesmirised by the swirling dancing colours on the Television. It is very strange how the entire population of the Earth seems to take no regard to the actual running of Government, as if it's just some kind of self-appointed autocratic machine, it's like a really bad dream.

You may think I'm pessimistic writing all of this however I'm not, if you would just remember that if you remember to 'Do unto others how would you like to be done unto yourself.' their can be no flaw on your part, remember right speech, right action and right conduct go hand in hand. If you a set a good example by living a righteous life, others who are of sound mind will see this and be inspired. It's a matter of seeing how your life and existence plays a role in the unfoldment of the universal plan so to speak, so you will actually be helping in a large way even if in our current circumstance in may not seem so, because those who care just as you and I do, which may seem like a small minority will see how the life of one who actually is a pioneer of the ideals of humanity can perhaps teach or assist Mankind.

Sure their are clearly people you could not and will never get along with in this life, and that's fine to leave a breadth and girth of space, but often the clash of personalities is due to misunderstanding in this current discontent world atmosphere, perhaps if we sat down and attempted to converse with so called lower people we might find we actually have more in common then were initially thought. Most humans bring self-infliction and confliction upon themselves through choosing to live greedily and selfishly, and disregarding others over the most idiotic of things.

You would also bear in mind that with regards to scripture such as The Bible, Torah, Quran etc. Those were written hundreds if not thousands of years ago where life on Planet Earth was very different compared to what it is today, also they were meant more of a sign post or guide on moral and sound living, which is what so called Religion should be in the first place, a form of spiritual discipline, but the Church and bigotry of theocracy love to delude the mass of Mankind by either deliberately changing or misinterpreting these said texts to fit their own agenda. It's a shame if only more people were willing to consider critical thinking or take responsibility for their own learning they wouldn't bring so much suffering on themselves.
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Dec 18th, 2013, 10:23

Krypto wrote:You would also bear in mind that with regards to scripture such as The Bible, Torah, Quran etc. Those were written hundreds if not thousands of years ago where life on Planet Earth was very different compared to what it is today, also they were meant more of a sign post or guide on moral and sound living, which is what so called Religion should be in the first place, a form of spiritual discipline, but the Church and bigotry of theocracy love to delude the mass of Mankind by either deliberately changing or misinterpreting these said texts to fit their own agenda. It's a shame if only more people were willing to consider critical thinking or take responsibility for their own learning they wouldn't bring so much suffering on themselves.
Hmmm quite a loaded paragraph implying many things. It's modern sophistry to imply that religion as a rule isn't "bigoted". Conversely I don't think it'd be honest to claim that religion in general necessarily is "bigoted". What does "spiritual discipline" mean? What does it mean to have "moral and sound living"? Surely these things are subjective from a religious standpoint?

Ironic though that mainstream Christianity, as portrayed by the media, is incredibly liberal and accepting of all. I realize that many Christians are still conservative, but I'd just like to point out that the mass delusion has the same ideals as those you seemingly hold yourself :D

Anyway, I'm not debating any specific ideas. My point is simply that there is more to it than what you said in the quote above.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 18th, 2013, 16:51

Your right I didn't elaborate on what I stated, by moral and sound living I was referring to do you have code of ethics you adhere to? Are you a lustful dog who treats women with contempt and disrespect for instance? When you greet strangers regardless of their appearence do you intentionally extend a warm greeting? If one curses you in speech, do you hold your anger and attempt to understand what caused it, perhaps it was a mishap of communication or do you retaliate with a knee jerk reaction?

It is the distinction between one who is mature in their mind and manner of conduct, as it is often the case you can meet one in their 30's and 40's but they have the mentality of a 6 year old.

Often it is the case that patience and humility is a wise choice for one who isn't violent and quarrelsome by nature of choice, the one uncontrolled in speech and conduct from experience is asking for trouble and contempt as they often have low self-esteem and are incapable of the slightest respect towards others, therefore any hardship which comes their way has been asked for as a result of the fractured world they choose to experience by every immoral action they choose.

It is said that you can tell the mark of a Man by the company he keeps for instance, let the unrighteous wallow in their pit of decay, and let mediocre minds waste their lives on mediocre things.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Dec 19th, 2013, 09:49

Most people live an entirely subjective life; never reflexive. A mantra of mine, which is a bit of a tautology itself, goes, "You can't reason with insanity."

If you view life and people in a systemic way, you realize that each person is an open system. Each person receives inputs, assimilates the data and produces outputs. Outputs are more often than not dependent on inputs. Consider the following basic diagram:

http://cnx.org/content/m17819/latest/figure2troff.png

By saying "you can't reason with insanity" I am basically saying that reason is not a viable input for a system that is insane. It will go in, but it will not produce the outputs you desire. People are molded by society in that people's outputs inputs to other systems, which in turn produce outputs which are inputs to the original system. This is called feedback.

So the question then is, what feedback does a system require in order to produce the desired outputs? Do you at this point think I'm talking about other people? Wrong. It behooves the aware individual first to be able to short-circuit their own feedback process before it is possible to cast one's gaze onto the actions of others. Complete reflectivity is necessary and ultimately one must ask oneself, "What do I want and what am I willing to do to get it?"

It is not necessarily a bad thing to think this way; it can be utilized in a very benevolent fashion.

Just something to think about. We are all ultimately accountable for what our lives yield; it just depends on how you navigate the system of systems.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Re: The Postmortem garbage bin season seven, Part II

Post by Status Cruo » Dec 19th, 2013, 10:35

Hope it's not against the rules to continue a conversation from a locked garbage bin thread. If so, my apologies in advance.

Note to self: get back to NAto before Christmas.
Dimebog wrote:For every video that you post I can post two which debunk what was said in your video
That would be pretty interesting to watch knowing that the videos I shared, each of them covers many subjects. Let's see some debunking then.
Dimebog wrote:Such "material" is aplenty on the internet
I've seen "material" here and there, parroting what the establishment claims, but never "material" addressing the claims that are challenging the establishment.
Dimebog wrote:"Proved" how? Drugs can induce enlightening, life-changing experiences but I don't see how they qualify as proof for anything
Drugs are mind-altering as well as a destructive force in a person's life; the very opposite of a religious experience.
Dimebog wrote:If a religion was ever proven to be infallible then it would not be called religion
Where do you get this notion from?
Dimebog wrote:When you are able to prove one of several opposing scientific theories, other theories are discarded. Since there is zero evidence in favour of any one religion, they just continue to coexist forever. Please don't use the word "prove" in context of religion.
Science has successfully proved the Bible correct on geocentrism. That's what it boils down to, regardless of whether you're ok with it or not.

There's no piece of text more accurately representing the zeitgeist (more like the poltergeist, really) of mainstream "science" and it's supporters than this little gem from Edwin Hubble himself;

"Such a condition would imply that we occupy a unique position in the universe, analogous, in a sense, to the ancient conception of a central Earth.…This hypothesis cannot be disproved, but it is unwelcome and would only be accepted as a last resort in order to save the phenomena. Therefore we disregard this possibility…the unwelcome position of a favored location must be avoided at all costs… such a favored position is intolerable…. Therefore, in order to restore homogeneity, and to escape the horror of a unique position…must be compensated by spatial curvature. There seems to be no other escape."

So much for science...
Dimebog wrote:Scientists don't wave threats of eternal damnation in your face. That's a tool strictly used by theologists
Scientists don't weave threats of eternal damnation in your face as evidence, regardless of what that actually means in their personal lives. History is blessed with numerous reputed, God-fearing scientist who have given us a better understanding of the universe and everything that's in it. Just hoping you didn't imply that there aren't any.
Dimebog wrote:Then I guess you are stupid and there is no escaping that reality.
Genesis 6:6-9 wrote:And the Lord regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. So the Lord said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Neither "regretted" nor "sorry" imply "error" or "mistake" in any way, shape or form:

http://onelook.com/?w=regret&ls=a
http://onelook.com/?w=sorry&ls=a

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 19th, 2013, 11:07

But what if you have the anomaly of someone like me, who was born but no one could imprint their social or belief systems on to me? Their was an inward rejection of what I inherently knew to be ignorant and false, even from parents and what was potentially catered to in school, this left me in a puzzled circumstance because inside I knew I was different emotionally and mentally at a young age, but I wasn't aware that everyone else was programmed in some way by prevailing false doctrines. So it was awkward trying to understand others, particularly with regards to these orthodox religions which haven't got a shred to do with genuine philosophy or self-inquiry towards empowering the individual.

Therefore in my case I am not a product of the current theological or social systems on the Earth in this current 21st century climate, but rather I have an intuitve knowing of discerning between what is truthful with regards to my viewpomts. Yes, the vast majority of humans never stretch beyond their creature comforts so a Philosopher is a very rare and anomalous outcast in this regard, it is unfortunate their are many who choose to live a meaningless existence, however when it expands to a global scale then one finds themselves in a potential system or civilization which doesn't actually cater to the well being of anyone but it seems to be there out of a numbing mass concensus. It must derive from the governmental systems and their method of imposing mind control or subservience at a young age.

However I digress because unfortunately somehow Humans reached a stand point where they became too stupid and primitive to conduct themselves, thus here we are today, however seeing the transgression from the Dark Ages to today is pleasing, if you consider the creation of the Internet has entirely changed the facet of how life is conducted on this planet for the most part, and has extended communication globally and instaneously at the touch of a button, it is quite a remarkable achievement, although I can't say I'm pleased with regard to the moral and social decay. Mass materialism and hedonism leads to hell for any studious/philosophical soul so their is an inherent distaste and vendetta against those who wish to degrade humanity as a whole. Although for those who cater to such things, no skin of my bones, you can't tell someone they live a mediocre existence and expect them to understand because they are drawn towards darkness.

Also personally from the sounds of it you seem to be one locked in your left brain too much, lacking emotional depth and feeling, the seat of understanding is in the heart not the head. Funnily enough I can state this because I've been there, you can't be balanced in your understanding if you over emphasis either emotion or intellect, their must be a fine line between the two, otherwise you end up with this spritless, dead humans who are robotic and cold.

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Dec 19th, 2013, 11:56

@Status Cruo:

You have some interesting views. In another universe (read: tongue in cheek) we might have been able to discuss it over a drink.

Interesting that you mentioned geocentricity. Now I'm more than a layman here, but surely the apparent geocentricity is merely a symptom of light which has had time to reach us? Let's say that light moved much slower, maybe a few millimeters per second. Surely then everyone would perceive the world as being centered on themselves? Could also why the universe is perceived to be expanding. Just a thought.

By the way, where does the Bible claim that the universe is geocentric?

@Krypto:

Emotion has its place and often it is unavoidable. Afterwards comes a time of reflection and reorganizing to elicit the same positive emotion, assuming it was positive, and vice versa.

Ultimately everyone is accountable for their own actions and if your thoughts and emotions are causing you to be crippled within society (not assuming that is the case, but for argument's sake) then said thoughts and emotions need to be reviewed. This must happen within reason, which is where morals come in.

People of my personality type are perceived as being unemotional, but it is far from true.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 19th, 2013, 12:46

But what is your personality type? :o

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Dec 19th, 2013, 13:12

NAto wrote:@Status Cruo:

You have some interesting views. In another universe (read: tongue in cheek) we might have been able to discuss it over a drink.
Certainly not any more interesting than your white-centered interpretation of the Bible 8)
NAto wrote:Interesting that you mentioned geocentricity. Now I'm more than a layman here, but surely the apparent geocentricity is merely a symptom of light which has had time to reach us?
I take it you mean the fact that we have red shift uniformly in all directions? yes, that does speak quite a bit for geocentrism (better to favor this term over "geocentricity" for historical reasons)
NAto wrote:Let's say that light moved much slower, maybe a few millimeters per second. Surely then everyone would perceive the world as being centered on themselves?

Take a wild guess.
NAto wrote:Could also why the universe is perceived to be expanding. Just a thought.
Not a chance.
NAto wrote:By the way, where does the Bible claim that the universe is geocentric?
It is implied, specifically in the chronology of the creation events from Genesis.

@Krypto: Vedic cow worship = molten calf = idolatry = death :D

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Dec 19th, 2013, 13:28

@ Status Cruo:

My view is Israel-centric. It's just that the true Israel and its relationship to other bipeds has been clarified :wink:

Admittedly the video has piqued my interest. I would need to know more about the assumptions of the research before forming an opinion though i.e. How does light actually behave when hitting water. I wasn't aware that light traveled slower in water, which is not to say that I thought it wasn't true. Egg on my face if it is common knowledge.

I read somewhere that the red shift expanded suddenly at some point in History which has a link to some or other Scripture about God stretch the skies. Interest. I'd like to know more though, if you would be good enough to provide me with some watching and/or reading material.

Quick question: How do you explain the existence of fossils if the Earth is younger than 7000 years?

@ Krypto:

That depends on the scale you are using to measure it :D

It basically comes down to an inherent desire for optimization which comes across as unemotional.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Re: The Postmortem garbage bin season seven, Part II

Post by Dimebog » Dec 19th, 2013, 20:57

Status Cruo wrote:Neither "regretted" nor "sorry" imply "error" or "mistake" in any way, shape or form:
But that is exactly what it implies. How do you describe a regretful action that must be rectified by undoing? Also, dictionaries tell you exact definitions of words, not what they imply.

@Nate: By "bipedals" you mean like, ostriches and stuff?
Raven wrote:Nevermore.