Man Laughing Alone With Fruit Salad

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Re: Man Laughing Alone With Fruit Salad

Post by Dimebog » Feb 23rd, 2013, 04:10

This is best thread.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 25th, 2013, 09:25

Fabulous, man, just fabulous.

Dimebog, that was your 2000th post. In celebration, we shall hold a public execution of seven bots and two Californians in your honour.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 25th, 2013, 19:18

I've located the two Californians.

http://www.californiabeat.org/wordpress ... pster3.jpg

URL only to not breakup the salad-fest
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 26th, 2013, 09:31

Clearly those poor people are trapped by an artificial construct of capitalism designed to create artificial divisions between all equally equal people.

Come in - the salad's fine.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Feb 26th, 2013, 15:36

Why is this becoming the most popular thread here?

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Feb 26th, 2013, 22:55

Daedalus wrote:Dimebog, that was your 2000th post. In celebration, we shall hold a public execution of seven bots and two Californians in your honour.
Bring forth the executions and concubines.

I actually noticed the pattern of this thread. it is so not obvious at first glance.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 27th, 2013, 09:28

You are a delight, Dimebog!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 28th, 2013, 09:25

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Feb 28th, 2013, 09:30

Daedolon wrote:Why is this becoming the most popular thread here?
Most importantly, what is the entire point of this threat at all?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 28th, 2013, 10:30

One could argue that 98% of Posty's threads are "pointless". Perhaps you'd find Blood source petition number three hundred and fifty-six more to your liking?

About five or so years ago, Posty carried the gift of being able to ramble on for pages about the most asinine garbage. Has this condition changed, and if so, why? Is it the age of the userbase? Time? Has everyone just become jaded?

If one were to ask me, I'd put a vast majority of threads as being less 'useful' than this one - consider that nearly every single active board member (of late) has posted at least once in here - some have even contributed.

The health of a community which, as some may have forgotten over time, is an enormous part of our strategy here, and the only reason this site exists to this day, is not found in magical, once-in-a-lifetime threads where mysterious benefactors appear and promise the world; those threads attract the flash in the pan types who need something extra to stick around and contribute, but rather it can be seen in a group's ability to assess and obsess over the obscure, bizarre and yes, sometimes even the stupid things.

Consider the following. In the single week where Jace appeared, Posty rocketed from being 5626474th most active video game forum on the Internet to 1956363rd. Great times, sure, but it required the impetus from Jace Hall himself and his promise to motivate these people. Blood on its own merit is not sufficient to actualise these individuals. If there were two billion Blood fanatics on the planet that required promises from a CEO to make their fandom manifest in physical reality, but not a single person who'd ever post on a forum, a social networking site, or a video sharing website, would the game endure? Could Blood survive if a million, or even a billion atomised fans without voices were all there was to it?

Part of this phenomena, along with a heavy overdose of minty bewilderment, are currently part of the reason Kurt's been sent into another silent spell. I'll readily admit I threw this line in just because I felt like mentioning Kurt.

Do I think this thread is amazing? Yes and no. It's amazing that men can be so overjoyed by fruit, and it's amazing that people can contribute to something of so little substance and connect with each other despite the material (hence community), but I do not question for a second that it is bullshit content. It is, however, a delightful shred of bullshit.

The line of Jarmo's you quoted actually overjoyed me, because it illustrated that the people here can still get together and be attracted by the silly and the small.

I'll probably contribute to this thread for two more weeks before letting it slide into the grave of Posty obscurity, but before that, BoN, you need to ask yourself; am I the guy laughing, or am I just a fruit?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Feb 28th, 2013, 14:48

Or did the bowl of fruit come before the man? Can I frame that post on my wall? What is the meaning of coffee? Can I drink some now?

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 1st, 2013, 09:30

Coffee is a recurring theme on Posty, with many of its inhabitants heavily reliant on its rich, bean flavour. Charles Darwin and Creationism agree - the salad came first.

Hendricks, get more coffee in here!

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Mar 1st, 2013, 14:04

Fuck it, I'll contribute.

Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 1st, 2013, 15:49

Superb!

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Mar 2nd, 2013, 17:51

Challenge accepted. I will edit this post later on.
Blood of Nightmares wrote:Most importantly, what is the entire point of this threat at all?
Who's threatening you, BoN?