Man Laughing Alone With Fruit Salad

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Krypto
Well Done

Re: Man Laughing Alone With Fruit Salad

Post by Krypto » Mar 3rd, 2013, 20:06

Daedalus wrote:About five or so years ago, Posty carried the gift of being able to ramble on for pages about the most asinine garbage. Has this condition changed, and if so, why? Is it the age of the userbase? Time? Has everyone just become jaded?
No no! I'm forever a silly happy chappy boy, honest, my mum calls me a chirping bird.

Let the cherished alone time with Man and Fruit continue!

It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 4th, 2013, 07:37

Dimebog wrote:Who's threatening you, BoN?
The overabundance of masculine predatory gaze that's found in this thread.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 5th, 2013, 08:19

Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Ella
Restraint Resistant

Post by Ella » Mar 5th, 2013, 23:03

Daedalus wrote:but rather it can be seen in a group's ability to assess and obsess over the obscure, bizarre and yes, sometimes even the stupid things.
Which can push this entire forum (to those old and new) into obscurity. Activity is good, however such a thing as this is a tad ridiculous. Granted i've participated, but what else is there here to participate in with these days? Strange to think that this is it.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that there's nothing that can be done. Glory days come and go, we've had our times to bask in them.

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Mar 6th, 2013, 00:27

Ella wrote:
Daedalus wrote:but rather it can be seen in a group's ability to assess and obsess over the obscure, bizarre and yes, sometimes even the stupid things.
Which can push this entire forum (to those old and new) into obscurity. Activity is good, however such a thing as this is a tad ridiculous. Granted i've participated, but what else is there here to participate in with these days? Strange to think that this is it.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that there's nothing that can be done. Glory days come and go, we've had our times to bask in them.
Well let us not forget that we originally came here for Blood which was also what The Postmortem is originally dedicated towards.

I think this thread is possibly the aftershock from Atari's declination of Jace Hall's talks due to them going through bankruptcy and this thread is simply the equivalent of 'washing the sorrows' away by descending into more nonsense.

Well point is, the community would be a totally different place right now if any sort of deal went through which possibly if Jace Hall bought the rights to Blood and released the source code.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 6th, 2013, 08:15

>complains about activity
>the-postmortem.com
Ella wrote:Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that there's nothing that can be done. Glory days come and go, we've had our times to bask in them.
Bullpucky!

Yes, the news was rotten and brought some people down - big deal! What matters is that we have Blood, we have Mapedit and that we have creative and talented individuals on the board (yes, even one as small as this). As we sit, unless there's some form of physical limitation imposed on people in that they can't play the game, in which case I'd remind them that a machine that plays Blood perfectly can be bought for under $100, there's nothing to stop anyone here from doing something for the game - be it a small discussion, Bloodbath reports, something artsy, or just a tiny Mapedit project.

Yes, I know I have been dormant and I too was depending on Jace lifting certain limitations in Mapedit which were stifling to my creativity, but I always have something in mind on the side - I'm just not the most vocal person when it comes to my projects. Sitting and wallowing in false perceptions of defeatism benefits no-one here, and it is my charge to combat this wherever it rears its ugly head - hell, that's where I started with all this years ago.

The fact is that nothing has changed in the last eight years ago or so with the exception of Transfusion's self-destruction and a few incursions by lunatics. If anything, we're technically in a stronger position due to our now absolute knowledge that Jace is firmly in our corner, and more importantly, that he wants to preserve the game as it stands and not reinvent it and sell out in a contemptible cash grab using the IP, which is extremely common these days.

It's laughable that this thread's actually getting some form of minor resentment. Since when is it forbidden to create a jovial and foolish thread in the general section of the website? A few years ago we had threads about BoneofFear's body conditions (mostly mental) and I only remember bewilderment, humour and enjoyment.

Blood's still stirring beneath the surface, beyond the edge of reason - that's what it does. Any lack of motivation or enjoyment at this point is purely a fault of the community and something that each individual needs to evaluate and address in themselves.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Mar 6th, 2013, 17:44

I feel like this thread is not complete without a comical Cultist- or Tchernobog-inspired photoshop, possibly of them buying macrobiotic yogurt to ease the digestion and allow them to be free during the relevant time of the month.

I leave it to other, more skillful, posters to put this up.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 7th, 2013, 07:22

And now for something a bit more mongoloid.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 8th, 2013, 07:28

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Mar 8th, 2013, 08:46

Naughty.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Mar 8th, 2013, 21:17

Maybe I should take a picture of myself playing BLOOD alone, naked and laughing with salad. In 3D.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Mar 8th, 2013, 22:39

Daedalus wrote:Image
Hey, I found him first! You can't have him! :x
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 11th, 2013, 07:27

Final week of salad before it's put to rest forevermore.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Mar 12th, 2013, 07:27

Drakan
Well Done

Post by Drakan » Mar 13th, 2013, 07:53

Those aren't even fruit salads! :shock:
Life is a privilege...Death is a promise...