Getting married!

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Getting married!

Post by Tekedon » Jul 3rd, 2012, 01:04

Some time this year I'm getting married to the most wonderful girl in the world in my eyes :)

I will still be making blood maps from time to time.. I have a lot of other stuff to think about at the moment though.. but I will be back sooner or later. :wink:

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: Getting married!

Post by Daedolon » Jul 3rd, 2012, 18:39

What can I say, congratulations!

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Jul 3rd, 2012, 19:12

Thank you! :)

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jul 3rd, 2012, 21:27

Congratulations and good luck!

Don't let the ghostly phenomena get in your way.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Jul 3rd, 2012, 21:54

Thanks! Yeah it's been pretty calm recently though.. So I hope it stays that way. :)

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jul 4th, 2012, 03:00

Get a prenuptial agreement. Just in case.

You don't want any surprises. If you're both fair-minded people, something like a 50-50 division of all future assets may be all you need. If one of you is bringing significantly more assets into the union, you may want to set up a proportional share arrangement.

Hopefully the document will be signed by both of you and then will go on to collect dust, forever unneeded in some irrelevant file somewhere. But just in case life takes you in different directions, you'd do well to have an earlier agreement to refer to about how to manage a reassessment of priorities.

May you never have need of such a document - and I mean that in the best way!
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jul 4th, 2012, 03:29

Marriage - betting someone half your shit that you'll love them forever.

Though how I see it, it's "betting someone half your shit that they'll love you forever."

Not to be depressing or anything.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jul 4th, 2012, 17:42

No, not depressing. Just be pragmatic.

Right now you're both very young - your lives and personalities still have a lot of room to grow and develop. If you're both very similar people, you may grow and develop in the same direction. But it's possible you may grow in different directions - in which case through no fault of anybody's, you may find the two lives very far apart.

The wise traveler makes a contingency plan, just in case. And if it's never needed, so much the better.

Remember, a wedding is a joyous event. But marriage is a dedicated institution. May you both make each other happy for the rest of your lives!
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Jul 5th, 2012, 01:10

We have had very similar lives so far, and we seem to work well together.. but yes, ofcourse.. if we grow apart I will end it... but right as of now.. I can't see myself with any other person.. My last relationship lasted for 6 years.. but I wasn't happy.. and I think, and hope I've learned from that... we have our disputes... but we have had each other for 13 years, even though it's been mostly through chatting online.. but you learn a lot about a person that way too... :) we have talked about everything... I believe this will work out.. I can't see myself without her.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jul 5th, 2012, 02:59

How fucking old are you?

Tonight I talked with bitch that had similiar supertrimmed eyebrows. They seem so timid with their personality. You say hi and they get offended like Im assrapist. Lot's of rockers and goths take theirselves too seriously. Faggots I say they are.
LOL HI!

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Jul 5th, 2012, 21:45

LOL.. I'm 27 :)

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jul 5th, 2012, 22:38

^lul, I was drunk quite :D
LOL HI!