Ghostly experiences

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Ghostly experiences

Post by Tekedon » Jun 8th, 2012, 14:23

I never thought I would say this, but I have been having ghostly visitations for some time. :shock: It all started a few weeks ago. I've been living with my new girlfriend in sweden now for about 2 months. Before I arrived I knew she had been experiencing strange things in her apartment.. We had been talking 13 years before I came to visit her and she had always from time to time mentioned her experiences.. I couldn't believe I would be experiencing a lot of the same things. I've always been interested in these things but also a bit of a skeptic.

It all started with knocking sounds all over the place, and shadows sweeping by in the corner of the eye.. the more scary stuff started to happen just recently.. started with cold winds against the skin, hairs on my arm rising up.. and a lot of knocking.. some times one knock.. sometimes three in a row.. I've heard a girl crying, yelling out in pain.. and music playing.. My most recent experience was last night.. i started hearing music again... the interesting thing is, it started at 1:45 am.. this is the exact time when her friend died almost 2 years ago.. things always start to happen around this time..

Before I came here I thought to myself "this'll be interesting".. now I'm tired of it.. I can't sleep during the nights, and I've started to get panic attacks.. this is killing me mentally.. slowly.. :(

Anyone else here had any experiences, and any tips on what to do about it?

Blood of Nightmares
Well Done

Re: Ghostly experiences

Post by Blood of Nightmares » Jun 8th, 2012, 17:25

Well what does the music sound like? Well if the music starts up again, try investigating it's source and I hope your brave enough to (of course can you record it's sound?). Otherwise I think it's best to pack up and leave as soon as possible.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 8th, 2012, 18:52

Blood of Nightmares wrote:Well what does the music sound like?
Spoiler: show
LOL HI!

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Jun 9th, 2012, 03:15

You said that your girlfriend talked about anomalies for 13 years. Was it much different than it was after 2 years ago?

I guess this is limited to her apartment? With the unsettling events and lack of sleep, your brain is probably malfunctioning. I suggest taking a break and leaving the house for a few days with her, to a hotel maybe. After your body recovers from the sanity attacks and the constant onset of dread that you probably feel passes, start investigating these activities as soon as there is enough energy.
Last edited by MoonStalkeR on Jun 10th, 2012, 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Jun 9th, 2012, 22:00

It's strange how the old houses make that kind of "knocking" sounds, not the new freshly built ones.. made of fresh parts and materials.. fresh materials. Just saying new materials. Fresh materials. Not wood. Not the kind of wood that "lives", that is twists and expands and shrinks. Just saying. Fresh.
LOL HI!

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jun 10th, 2012, 00:59

I'm sad(?) to say I have never experienced anything like that. I have a love for supernatural (in movies and beyond) and I'd love to do some ghost hunting.
Tekedon wrote:Before I came here I thought to myself "this'll be interesting".. now I'm tired of it.. I can't sleep during the nights, and I've started to get panic attacks.. this is killing me mentally.. slowly.. :(
This is exactly what I think would happen. It's something I'd love to go and experience for a few days with a committed friend, but if something like that would turn out to be real, I wouldn't want it to be happening in my own house.

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Jun 11th, 2012, 16:16

Last night we both heard kind of a "whooshing wind" sound.. (I've heard this before too) although it wasn't windy at all outside.. the trees weren't moving at all.. right after the sound I saw a black orb thingy pass by quickly in the kitchen.. she on the other hand saw a white thingy in the hallway.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Jun 29th, 2012, 00:03

You know, something inside me wishes all this rather thrilling paranormal stuff was real. In fact, the only horror movies that I genuinely enjoy are, without exception, about ghostly/demonic entities, no monsters, vampires, zombies (save for Blood's) or serial killers for me, these things bore me dead.

Unfortunately there's no hard evidence that suggests such things may actually interact with mortals in any way, if they at all exist, and nevermind my rather fruitless research on the subject, I still have a story or two to tell.

My parents bought a nice house in suburban Wisconsin (more like middle-of-nowhere-Wisconsin) that we went to on holidays and stuff. Originally this was going to be our new everyday house, but it turned out to be so ridiculously cheap (because of the age and location) they were able to keep both of them with a bit of extra effort, but that's beyond the story. This house was very well preserved but not at all modern. I'm talking early 1900's-looking house back in early 80's, that is, totally anachronic and for the most part, nonfunctional by standard of the day, like frozen in time. All wooden and noisy, like most houses from the time, specially on cold winter when all that wood starts cracking and knocking mad in the silence of the night.

No problem there, though, we all knew what it was. But starting from the 8 day on, we began hearing footsteps up and down the wooden stairs, which were located outside the house (I could actually see part of the staircase through the window in my bedroom) and that's how we reached the attic. The sound was very distinctive, it sounded exactly like it did when we used the stairs, it was like 20 consecutive steps, so it was 20 consecutive sounds and sometimes 20 more as the "ghost" climbed back down...

This would happen once or twice a night and it was frightening as hell. Footsteps could also heard somewhere in the front yard, but always during daytime. Again, very distinctive "footstepy" sounds, nothing I could attribute to wild animals or whatever else you could find in the perimeter.

But more than the footsteps, what really made me not want to go there was the creeping "feeling" that something evil lived with us, watching us, following us around, creating a very "oppressive" atmosphere, if you will.

And that was it. Nothing else ever occurred. No shadows, no furniture moving, no voices, no smells, no proper ghostly "materializations" or whatever you call it

Now, like 30 years after, the scientific method (not the raging, stubborn, pseudo-intellectual, jref commie atheist douchebaggery) seems to know something about it, which doesn't necessarily mean that such is the correct explanation, and it's very unlikely that I'll ever find out since they sold this house back in 1991 to some guy who demolished it very quickly to build his own, effectively ending any possibility of proper investigation.

The footsteps outside the front yard *could* be related to mere echo. The house was built near an unpaved road which some people used to walk to get to neighboring houses, and the way everything was placed made it possible for your footsteps to be replicated by the environment with like 1 second of delay, so if that happened there, couldn't it possibly explain the footsteps in our front yard, only that we didn't hear the people walking nearby but there echoed footsteps from afar instead?

The "oppressive atmosphere", that's been explained by infrasounds, which mess with your brains and even vision. We had a brook and an ancient gasoline-powered water pump making these very low-frequency noises which have been linked to scary places that creep the hell out of people for no apparent reason.

What is left to explain, as far as I'm concerned, is the staircase footsteps, that was certainly beyond anything an old wooden house or even echoed footsteps should have been able to produce in the worst case scenario.

That's pretty much it. Don't let the bed ghouls bite :lol: