Meat grinding escalator

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Umnir
Half-homie

Meat grinding escalator

Post by Umnir » Oct 25th, 2011, 12:33

I read today, that there has been proven cases of people getting stuck on escalators by their clothes (by shoelaces particularly) and being grind or strangled to death.

So I present thee question: by philosophy and wisdom provided by me in history of posty; how can one prevent such unpleasant death when being caught by murderous mechanic hell-machine?
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Meat grinding escalator

Post by Daedalus » Oct 25th, 2011, 13:00

This is more like it!

I can't really imagine an escalator could kill a person, but if it's been said to occur, hm...

The first thought off the top of my head is that a good prevention would be to wear those cool future sneakers from Back to the Future 2. :D
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

NAto
Well Done

Post by NAto » Oct 25th, 2011, 13:09

Keep your laces tied ;)

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 25th, 2011, 13:42

Always carry a sharp knife and a pair of scissors?

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 25th, 2011, 14:01

Daedolon wrote:Always carry a sharp knife and a pair of scissors?
Yeap, we got a winner! :lol:

But... so what now? :D
Perhaps more bizarre questions in future?
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 25th, 2011, 14:03

Umnir wrote:But... so what now? :D
Perhaps more bizarre questions in future?
The real question is; is escalator death comparable to being crushed by a door, and is it a viable means of gathering spare parts?
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Oct 26th, 2011, 16:49

Daedalus wrote:I can't really imagine an escalator could kill a person, but if it's been said to occur, hm...
Sounds like a trap that should be in ROTT.
Daedolon wrote:Always carry a sharp knife and a pair of scissors?
BINGO!
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 27th, 2011, 07:07

But it's bit problematic, if you like to carry pointy knives as slipping them under clothing or laces is bit tricky..
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Oct 27th, 2011, 14:17

There is the sideways traveling railcar in one of the Episode 1 maps where flames try to burn you sad you pass through.

I've wondered whether you can put in a leaking gas pipe so that Caleb can shoot it, causing a sheet of flame to trap enemies caught therein. Later, the video game Fallout 3 worked this idea into their level design, usually in the underground levels.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 27th, 2011, 19:23

Panoptic Blur wrote:There is the sideways traveling railcar in one of the Episode 1 maps where flames try to burn you sad you pass through.
The Great Temple.