Blood Wikipedia Game

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Blood Wikipedia Game

Post by Daedalus » Oct 7th, 2011, 13:17

I am very bored at work. Let's play a game!

The rules are as follows:

1) Proceed to Wikipedia
2) Click on "Random Article" on the left
3) Once having reached your random article, the objective of the game is to find the Blood (blood itself is fine, don't worry about the disambiguation step, although if you're supremely lucky you might get a direct link to the game) article, but you're only allowed to navigate via links contained within the article, for example: If you had a lucky roll and got Anatomy, a possible path would be Anatomy --> Human Anatomy --> Blood
4) The person with the shortest or cleverest route wins, with results to be published in December 2023
5) Try not to cheat and reroll. A lengthy journey could be entertaining
5) You may play as many times as you wish

I'll start:

Groß Disnack --> Germany --> Catholic Church --> Real presence of Christ in the Eucharist --> Eucharist in the Catholic Church --> Blood of Christ --> Blood

Go, go, go!
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

NAto
Well Done

Re: Blood Wikipedia Game

Post by NAto » Oct 7th, 2011, 13:48

Darian, Iran > Persian > Arabic > Central Semitic languages > Semitic languages > Israel > Religious Zionism > Kippah > Talmud > Christianity > Jesus > New Covenant > Crucifixion of Jesus > Physician > Medicine > Microbiology > Cell biology > Protein > Blood

Phew.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 7th, 2011, 14:41

I like the way you went across part of the religious spectrum only to end up at physiology.

Another (pretty successful) attempt:

Calculator spelling --> breast (from 8008135) --> artery --> blood vessel --> Blood

My journey had rack. That's got to count for extra points.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Oct 7th, 2011, 18:21

Leiqiong Global Geopark > Hainan > People's Republic of China > Peking Man > Hunting > Mammal > Mammary Glands > Breast > Milk > White Blood Cell > Blood

Rack
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 8th, 2011, 10:03

MoonStalkeR wrote:Rack
Rack bonus! +50% score.

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Oct 10th, 2011, 00:52

First three attempts:

In the Boom Boom Room > Villanova University > Nursing > Anatomy > Human anatomy > Blood

HD Tach > Burst transmission > Espionage > Mata Hari > Execution by firing squad > Organ (anatomy) > Blood

Line 12, Shanghai Metro > Pudong > Jin Mao Tower > Nightclub > Heavy metal music > Masculinity > Eating disorder > Peptic ulcer > Hematemesis > Blood
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Oct 12th, 2011, 17:05

Cactus (TV series) > Iran > Indo-European languages > Indo-Aryan languages > Sanskrit > Buddhism > Buddha > Spirtual > Nature > Great Oxygenation Event > Oxygen > Hemoglobin > Blood

Posty Aryan bonus?

Gulf of Corcavado > Blue whale > Lung > Circulatory system > Blood

Children's railway > USSR > Marxism > Anthropology > Fossil-hunting > Gastropods > Hemocyanin > Hemolymph > Blood
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc