Swearing!

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Krypto
Well Done

Re: Swearing!

Post by Krypto » Dec 31st, 2010, 21:35

superanus (Old French from Vulgar Latin)

:lol:

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Dec 31st, 2010, 22:27

:metal:

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 17th, 2011, 18:30

I just read this one. It seemed pretty virulent and graphic.
The arguments are over. For anybody who says anything else... well, I'll inject kerosene into my bladder, piss on them, and then set them on fire.
I liked that.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 17th, 2011, 22:35

Pissing kerosene is something I would not rather do, even to spite anyone. Just saying.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jan 17th, 2011, 22:48

I think that's the point: you dislike the person SO MUCH you're willing to do horrible things even to yourself, as long as it results in horrible things to that person.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jan 18th, 2011, 08:24

Panoptic Blur wrote:I think that's the point: you dislike the person SO MUCH you're willing to do horrible things even to yourself, as long as it results in horrible things to that person.
We have a word for that in Serbian.
Raven wrote:Nevermore.

Le Babe
Well Done

Post by Le Babe » Jan 21st, 2011, 00:52

Dimebog wrote:
Panoptic Blur wrote:I think that's the point: you dislike the person SO MUCH you're willing to do horrible things even to yourself, as long as it results in horrible things to that person.
We have a word for that in Serbian.
You can't say that without telling us the word. Might never have to use it but who knows ?

Word + pronunciation please.
"I'm here to donate some blood...someone else's..." - Caleb

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Jan 21st, 2011, 20:10

The word is "inat" and it's pronounced phonetically. I tried explaining the meaning and uses of it to Matt once, but to no avail since it doesn't exist in any other language.

It's basically something that drives you to do something that may be harmful to you but you do it anyway because you will harm someone else in the process, which is more important to you.

Hellen
Well Done

Post by Hellen » Jan 21st, 2011, 20:26

I don't think even we have a word as complicated as this.
Use it in a sentence, please.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Jan 21st, 2011, 20:45

Google says "defiance" and in that sense it does make sense but not so as it would be its own word that could be used on its own to portray what Dimebog just mentioned.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Feb 6th, 2011, 18:23

"Peter Gibbons, you've led a trite and meaningless life. And you're a very bad person."

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Feb 6th, 2011, 18:40

Kakkapylly!
LOL HI!

Dimebog
Troll of the Opera

Post by Dimebog » Feb 6th, 2011, 19:13

Hellen wrote:I don't think even we have a word as complicated as this.
Use it in a sentence, please.
"The uptight saleswoman acted surprised that I was inquiring about such an expensive jacket as if I am being silly for even asking the price. I bought two of those jackets for inat."

"I was asking my mother to buy me ice cream continuously through that day. When she finally did, she made a remark on the account of me being annoying. I refused to eat the icecream and threw it away for inat."

"Even though I find both her and her boyfriend completely repulsive these days, I had sex with her one last time while they were still together, just for inat."

So basically when there is no rational explanation for doing something, inat is the irrational reasoning that you use to perform actions and acts to satisfy your ego or fulfill some divine justice. I think that is the best definition I can come up with. Serbian people are known to posses this self-destructive trait which trades long term prosperity with a sense of justice or superiority over unworthy.

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Feb 6th, 2011, 19:26

"I would slit her throat, cut the unborn baby out of her steaming womb, and then crush her to death by running her over using her own car, for inat."

Am I doing it right?

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Feb 6th, 2011, 19:31

Panoptic Blur wrote:"I would slit her throat, cut the unborn baby out of her steaming womb, and then crush her to death by running her over using her own car, for inat."

Am I doing it right?
Almost, but not quite:

"I would cut her stomach with butterknife and take the unborn baby out and fuck it in the mouth, and then throw it in the laundrymachine to see how funny that would look like spinning in there".
LOL HI!