Tell something odd about yourself

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Umnir
Half-homie

Re: Tell something odd about yourself

Post by Umnir » Oct 29th, 2013, 15:00

Daedalus wrote:Great image there, Umnir. Thanks.
Quite welcome!
LOL HI!

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 29th, 2013, 15:10

Krypto wrote:I have Wolf and Nature Shirts so yes.. 8)
Shiiiiiet. :P
LOL HI!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Nov 25th, 2013, 17:02

I hid beneath my bed for a week when I was 13 because school sucked, and I almost got away with it then a surprise visitor came to the door :'(

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 14th, 2013, 11:15

I can't live without my MIDI music, it's an exceptional morale boost when needed, I often enjoy various pieces from custom Doom Wads and ROTT.

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 2nd, 2014, 21:57

Have you ever had flashbacks or glimpses of nostalgia owing to a particular environmental setting which reflects conditions in earlier years? For example a certain hue/shade of sunlight shining at the right intensity gives me very reminiscent memories of being 12/13 years old and potentially younger. The same is attributed to certain scents and how can they spark certain memories from the past.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 4th, 2014, 01:19

Yes! I am so glad to find another person who feels this enigmatic phenomenon, its occurrence has always reflected strongly throughout my life. Most often triggered via visages of scenes, memories, music, or dreams; it is an indescribable yet pleasant mix of emotions.

If I look back at old memories or revisit childhood video games(especially Blood), I get a nostalgic transmission of the atmosphere I felt many epochs ago, different sensations, etc. I cherish these flashbacks strongly, they are probably what motivates me the most to endure hardship.
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 4th, 2014, 09:44

Love your new signature, MoonStalker.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 4th, 2014, 18:56

Quite a privilege it was to get diagnosed by Professor BoN himself. Panoptic Blur is your analytical personality, I take it? Or was that me?
<Boilerplate> Thing is MoonStalkeR: You seem to be suffering from schizphernia, which the MoonStalkeR personality is your base one, Mobius is the aggressive personality, Krypto is the depressive personality, Nautalus is the pervert personality, etc

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 5th, 2014, 09:43

No, Panoptic Blur was a part of myself which I've since retired from the board.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 5th, 2014, 19:29

That feeling when you find out Posty was always a mere handful of people with multiple personality disorder. Oh well, that is the best way to compensate for low playercount.

I have the most legitimate claim to being Phosphoric Acid now:
<Boilerplate> So your Ella MoonStalkeR?
<Boilerplate> and Phoshoric Acid?

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 7th, 2014, 20:38

I even recall my primary interests at that age, I was enveloped by Quake custom content as this was the period when releases of consistently high quality were being pushed out continuously, it's the only classic FPS I know which has such a broad diversity of themes and settings - Gothic, Castle, Base, Tech, Medieval, Metal, Runic, Brick, Egyptian, imaginative Lovecraftian realms and hell even entirely unique themes seen in Kell's masterful works. The most prominient ones I recall playing at that time was the classic Soul of Evil and Contract Revoked heavily inspired by HP Lovecraft. Despite how placid and lifeless Quake can be given it's rigid looks, the right imagination executed with strategic gameplay makes it a very rewarding experience to stick to.

I was also playing a lot of Alien Vs. Predator 2, I recall the Alien campaign was pretty poor wheir atmosphere and realism was concerned compared to the original, yes it doesn't retain the haunting vibe of it's former half but the gameplay experience wasn't detered in any way.

MoonStalkeR
Lightly Broiled

Post by MoonStalkeR » Feb 14th, 2014, 20:32

To me, Quake still means a monotonous trek through brown stonework, as I haven't yet had the pleasure to experience its selection of custom content. It's likely a similar case with Doom. In my opinion, there is nothing extraordinary in Doom retail releases besides the episode Knee Deep in the Dead. It truly shines with user mappacks, especially favorites like Hell Revealed and Alien Vendetta. For when the time comes, can you recommend a Quake port and selection of mods?

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Feb 15th, 2014, 08:10

I think he nailed it pretty well, although he's calling first person adventure games "FPSes without shooting", no clue what the fuck that is about.

I really dislike Quake and he hits the nail on all the points.

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Feb 17th, 2014, 09:54

Daedolon wrote:"FPSes without shooting"
lol!

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Feb 23rd, 2014, 23:41

I've been having recurring dreams of being in videogame stores, they were especially catered if not were retro as I distinctly saw early to mid 90's titles, mainly FPS but I definately saw RPG and Adventure based titles thrown in there, especially those rare compilations which comprise an entire series if not it's predecessor and expansions.