Posty cooking thread

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Re: Posty cooking thread

Post by Daedalus » Oct 4th, 2012, 16:34

I see Posty's now evolved to motion picture technology. Excellent.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 4th, 2012, 21:02

Wait! The fuck! You were from Finland?
Shiiiiii!
I found out by your "S", it's always too white when most Finns talk English.
I use method man S myself at times.
LOL HI!

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Oct 4th, 2012, 22:44

Yup.. now I live in Sweden though :) Yeah and my pronunciation isn't perfect either so my finnish heritage shines through :P

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Oct 5th, 2012, 10:31

So the Posty Finnish demographic has expanded once again.
Kazashi wrote:Daedalus, I don't care how much you know about Blood, your attitude has to change.
Blood + Focus = Love · Faith is the key · Heretics and traitors cannot stand before us · Some games are self-perpetuating - Blood requires conscientious communal effort to survive · We are the last line · Ask not for whom the main menu animates · Blood's promotion and survival - all other gaming considerations are secondary · More than just a game · Need a hint? · Make a stand

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Oct 5th, 2012, 22:07

Tekedon wrote:Yup.. now I live in Sweden though :)
POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!
LOL HI!

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Oct 6th, 2012, 12:32

Aaaaurrghh aaaaurgh aaah ooooooooooooouuu!!!! :O :twisted: :o

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Jun 27th, 2013, 18:17

Last Sunday I had the pleasure of entertaining a lovely guest at my house. We went hiking, made love, watched anime, made love, played card games, made love, and cooked meals before I drove her back to her place and we made love a final time in her dishwasher. I leave it to the reader to determine whether that was a typo thanks to my irritating smartphone's autocorrect.

Posty is probably experts at all the other activities, so I'll just elaborate on the cooking bit.

Beef and broccoli stir fry

Ingredients: flank steak, broccoli, garlic, ginger, spring onions, corn starch, soy sauce, red wine optional.

Freeze the beef steak just enough that you can slice it thinly without trouble. Ideal dimensions are maybe the length of a thumb, the width of a stick of chewing gum, and the thickness of a fine coin. Mix them first with corn starch, then with cooking oil, then with soy sauce.

Chop the broccoli into pieces about the size of a golf ball. Any bigger and stirring them will be tricky.

Chop the spring onions into inch segments (2.54cm for the civilized metric folks) and thinly slice the garlic and ginger.

Put oil in the pan and heat, adding half of the ginger and garlic to season the oil. Add the broccoli and stir fry, aiming to fry all sides and surfaces where possible. When crowns turn deeper green, turn heat to low, pour in a bit of water, and cover to steam.

In another pan, heat oil and add in garlic and ginger as before. Using chopsticks, lay the beef slices gently into the pan, turning individually as they cook. When both sides are crispy brown, lower the heat and add the broccoli, juice and all.

In a separate bowl, mix corn starch and soy sauce until it acquires the physical properties of a non-Newtonic fluid. Enjoy the semi-solid, semi-liquid gestalt. Then stop playing with your goddam food and add water until it forms a hearty gravy. Add this to the mixture, and stir on low heat for awhile longer.

Serve with rice, quinoa, or on its own.

For dessert, I'd made a fruit compote and served it with vanilla yogurt. This is entirely optional.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Tekedon
Pink on the Inside

Post by Tekedon » Aug 6th, 2013, 00:04

Buuuurgaaahrrrs :P

Homemade..
With iceberg salad, red onion and pickles.. and all the other usual stuff :P

Author: Tekedon ;)

Known bugs: Sometimes the ingredients tend to clip out of the burger :P

Build time: Not long, totally about an hour for preparations and everything.

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Aug 7th, 2013, 10:31

Noms Take.

This brings in mind question, I've read some time ago in wilderness & survival forums that eating rabbit might actually make you consume more energy than gain. Can't remember why this was so, but it was the meat. I wonder if this applies to noodles, because every time I eat then I become hungry as fuck. :P
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 16th, 2013, 03:15

Fish

I'm getting back into pan frying fish. I used to cook fish a lot a few years ago, but stopped for some reason. Easing back into it now.

For this recipe I use white fish fillets (tilapia, swai, or basa are good choices). There are several ways you can go, but generally speaking it's good to have a sauce because these fish species don't have much in the way of internal flavor (unlike, say, salmon) and also they can cook for quite some time without jeopardizing their texture.

Savory sauce: Add olive oil and sundried tomatoes to the pan, heat with chopped garlic. Finely chop an onion and add to the pan, stirring on high heat until brown. Then lower the heat and spread the onion evenly. Leave to cook and caramelize. The process takes about 40 minutes and should not be rushed - you'll know you've succeeded when the onions are transparent and the smell is sweet rather than acrid. Add baby portabella mushrooms and marsala wine (or other sweet wines could do, like sweet reds or rice wine) and stir fry a bit longer, then add the fish fillets and fry on high heat on each side. If the cuts are thick, lower the heat and cover to ensure thorough cooking all the way through. Sauce is a sweet onion-based sauce, filled out by mushrooms and with tangy tomato topnotes.

Later on I intend to try a lemon herb sauce, and a miso ginger sauce.

The fish fillets are probably the cheapest meat I can buy, actually. Hadn't thought of that.

I'm also taking my own lunches to work much more often these days, and it's not unheard of for me to cook a dinner, and package half of it up immediately for tomorrow's consumption.
"All right, I'm going to ask you a series of questions. Just relax and answer them as simply as you can."

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Aug 19th, 2013, 21:26

Panoptic Blur wrote:Fish

I'm getting back into pan frying fish. I used to cook fish a lot a few years ago, but stopped for some reason. Easing back into it now.

For this recipe I use white fish fillets (tilapia, swai, or basa are good choices). There are several ways you can go, but generally speaking it's good to have a sauce because these fish species don't have much in the way of internal flavor (unlike, say, salmon) and also they can cook for quite some time without jeopardizing their texture.

Savory sauce: Add olive oil and sundried tomatoes to the pan, heat with chopped garlic. Finely chop an onion and add to the pan, stirring on high heat until brown. Then lower the heat and spread the onion evenly. Leave to cook and caramelize. The process takes about 40 minutes and should not be rushed - you'll know you've succeeded when the onions are transparent and the smell is sweet rather than acrid. Add baby portabella mushrooms and marsala wine (or other sweet wines could do, like sweet reds or rice wine) and stir fry a bit longer, then add the fish fillets and fry on high heat on each side. If the cuts are thick, lower the heat and cover to ensure thorough cooking all the way through. Sauce is a sweet onion-based sauce, filled out by mushrooms and with tangy tomato topnotes.

Later on I intend to try a lemon herb sauce, and a miso ginger sauce.

The fish fillets are probably the cheapest meat I can buy, actually. Hadn't thought of that.

I'm also taking my own lunches to work much more often these days, and it's not unheard of for me to cook a dinner, and package half of it up immediately for tomorrow's consumption.
LOL HI!

Daedalus
Blood is my Medium

Post by Daedalus » Aug 20th, 2013, 10:37

lol, you make a thread and then complain about detailed responses?

Umnir
Half-homie

Post by Umnir » Aug 20th, 2013, 14:42

Wha?
LOL HI!

Panoptic Blur
Well Done

Post by Panoptic Blur » Aug 21st, 2013, 01:00

Simplified for Umnir:
  • Fish
  • Pan
  • Oil
  • Good stuff
  • Cooked!
  • Nom. :3

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Aug 21st, 2013, 16:05

That actually made it sound more tasty.