The Postmortem garbage bin season eight?

General discussion that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Re: The Postmortem garbage bin season eight?

Post by Daedolon » Aug 15th, 2017, 22:49

tsk tsk

Suture
Doin' Thangs

Post by Suture » Oct 1st, 2017, 15:14

ALMOST TWO MONTHS SINCE LAST POST!
Dimebog wrote:Start fearing my dick and stop spamming.

Daedolon
Supervillain outcast

Post by Daedolon » Oct 2nd, 2017, 13:03

I've had some weird issues with the server, could blame that.

Someone buy me free time :(

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Dec 20th, 2017, 00:22

Just realized I've never called Blood2's hellraiser gun by it's formal name, not once, in fact, I don't even think I remember it anymore assuming I ever acknowledged it at all. What does that speak for a Bloodite this many years late?

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 29th, 2017, 18:20

Blood II is irrelevant, I pretend it never existed :^)
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Dec 31st, 2017, 05:36

Well, I think it can still be pretty enjoyable if you get over the fact you're not truly playing a Blood sequel. which isn't necessarily an easy thing to do, specially for the addon.

Which reminds me, that nasty tentacle thing it had for a boss; I have not seen it in so many years now? And what about The twins popping up at he end of the corridor? talk about begin caught off guard! It had it's moments that's for sure.

Not that Blood2 needs another review, but it's got something about it that keeps me coming back from time to me. Maybe it's the potential it once had, or rather the absurd, resilient, unconscious expectation of that "last official patch" which only ever existed in my mind? hmm...

Krypto
Well Done

Post by Krypto » Dec 31st, 2017, 17:02

No. I've played Blood II without associating it with the original and I still think it's one of the worst FPS I've played. Their are too many glaring flaws which drag the whole thing down, such as the boring and linear level design, uninspired and cannon fodder enemies which aren't much of a threat apart from the Cabal and the majority of the arsenal being useless apart from a few, select weapons.

The difficulty is scaled poorly, Suicide is an ordeal in frustration as you have to slow down and creep around every corner due to the aimbot accuracy of Cultists, instead of actually putting in a thoughtful design process such as reducing resources available and changing monster placement, they go the cheap and lazy method of having everything 100% accurate with huge damage output. Genocide is too easy and Homicide isn't a challenge.

It feels like a very rushed product just playing it and Nightmare Levels was a joke. The only sense that can be made as to why it turned out the way it did is some remarks from Jace Hall in this old interview, apparently GT Interactive had full reign over the development and Monolith had little control over their work.

https://web.archive.org/web/20010221193 ... /lith2.php
It is better to light a candle then to curse the darkness...

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Jan 1st, 2018, 03:08

A rushed out product it was, there's no escaping that, but I strongly disagree on the level design part. Looking back it was actually quite varied and fun to explore; only recycling seems a bit too much for me, but I wouldn't call that a showstopper.

The weapons are a mixed bag, and so are the enemies, but who honestly does not enjoy provoking cultists into self-destruction?

Challenge-wise, I don't think it's any frustrating (for me at least), but I see where you're coming from. So yea, a first time player wouldn't probably know how to handle himself correctly in the presence of a sniper legion, but a seasoned player most definitely should. The problem seems to be that not many people have actually played it long enough to develop proper strategies to deal with these quirks.

The addon, again, was a incomplete a product just like the game it was supposed to become an enhancement to, but what they got right they got right. The circus level was a delight and the others, save for the boss one, weren't bad at all. The extra weapons don't really add anything to the game, but they don't take away anything from it either.

To be brutally honest I don't think Blood2 was a horrible game, let alone one of the worst; it simply doesn't excel at anything, which's the exact opposite of what Blood did.

Status Cruo
Pink on the Inside

Post by Status Cruo » Jan 1st, 2018, 06:05

My weekly dose of online entertainment consisting mostly of "uncooperative ------ tasering"-type videos, has been almost completely replaced by "triggered sjw snowflake meltdown"-type videos by now. This didn't happen overnight, but I welcome the long due change.

2018's already looking a lil more hopeful with Trump at charge, whom for a while I thought was but a circumstantial shill at best, mainly because of his double talk and sodomy denial, but proved himself to be a rather worthy man; not a perfect man, not a Christian, but a legitimate president (in fact, the only legitimate president since Reagan), and that's good enough for this dog.

Happy bloody year :)

steelsong
New user

Post by steelsong » Jan 26th, 2018, 03:49

While blood 2 may not be the best game, I personally think the soundtrack is amazing.
Not dead... yet.